Find your next favourite story now
Login

Competition winners

We are proud to have provided a platform for writers of all genres and backgrounds to share their creativity and passion with the world. On this page, you'll find a collection of our previous winners who have been recognized for their exceptional storytelling abilities.

Each of these writers has demonstrated an impressive command of language, a deep understanding of human emotions, and a unique voice that captures the imagination of readers. From heart-wrenching dramas to gripping mysteries, their stories have touched and inspired readers all around the world.

We invite you to take a moment to explore our winners' stories and learn more about their journeys as writers. Whether you're an aspiring writer yourself or simply a lover of great stories, we hope that you'll find inspiration and joy in these works. If you're interested in participating in our writing competition, be sure to check out our submission guidelines and upcoming deadlines. Who knows? You could be the next winner featured on this page!

Guardian of the Light

He had to complete his quest, the world depended on it

He pulled his cloak over his head and brushed away a few errant flakes of snow from his shoulders. He breathed out a long breath into his cold, rough hands, this warmed them with incredible speed. He stepped out from the Coaching Inn into the day. His foo...

The Annual Gift

What if someone could come back to you?

The Christmas present ticked and would open soon. They've chosen one out of billions annually since the Code was deciphered because its power must be limited. They placed the box in my home on Christmas Eve, timer set for eight in the morning. I'm waiting...

The Trees Know All Our Secrets

The picture of the trees at dusk.

I had hidden in the trees all day,until the dusky mist of twilight overcame me. Nothing you could say or do could ease the pain, or lightmy pathway from that strange madness. The trees seemed tortured as my soul,Twisted as my mind with sadness.The setting...

To Fly Like a Hawk

An encounter in the forest inspired by the first picture.

“David, is that you? Are you back?” she asked. There was no answer. It was a Red-tailed Hawk that had landed on a branch above. She had heard his wings flutter. She stared up now as she raised her arm, opened her palm, managed a smile and waved. A small c...

Carried Too Long

Been there, done that, dare not go back!

Allowing myself to misplace reality's grip.Dwelling yet again in the past, feeling dismay.Into the bottomless depths of darkness I slip.Why could life not have been a different way? Trying to regain clarity, not where I want to be.Descending to the abyss,...

Savages

It would be a much darker world without choice.

A female has moved into my territory, a healthy young blonde, ripe for breeding and bearing good child. She could be my mate, once I've captured her, subdued her and proved my worth as her man.Sounds easy enough, but this female is small, flighty and quic...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Lynette's World

The World of Light and Dark

Lynette Baxter was born a beautiful child with light brown hair and blue eyes as most babies are, one of thousands born that same day. Not an unusual birth, except, of course, to her parents who were completely enthralled with her arrival. She was a cute...

The Fantastic Voyage of Bellingham Sam

Viewed through rose-colored glasses, it turned into the perfect family vacation...

Coffee. What Sam needed was coffee. He was a walking zombie, desperate for caffeine. It was a condition of his own making, he had to admit, since he was the one who'd wanted to drive on their family vacation instead of flying. And so they had spent more t...

Grand Canyon Homecoming

As I looked out at the views that we passed, something looked vaguely familiar. . .

Vacations were far and few between for this family, so when Daddy had a chance to take one, he jumped at it. I cannot remember the last time we took one. But then again, I am only eleven.I was sitting in the back seat of our old beat up jet black Volvo St...

That summer, it was too hot. We didn’t have a thermometer, and even if we had, the little red lines and numbers wouldn’t have meant much to me. But I knew that it wasn’t normal. It couldn’t be. By the time the church clock struck ten it was already too st...

True Inheritance

A tale of family, and of finding one's Truth.

I can't let myself think about him. The sun is shining down on my pale back for the first time in days. A black butterfly with white spots is dancing around in the light breeze delighting in the day and inviting me to join in. But he comes to me unbidden....

Larry’s Second Chance

A near death experience and a sarcastic show-biz bumblebee give a man a second chance at life.

“You’re asking me how it’s going?” I said incredulously. “How can you ask me that? I’m paralyzed and I’m dying, for god’s sake!” “Well you don’t have to be sarcastic!” came the response. “And besides, you’re not dead…..yet. By the way, my name is Waldo. N...